Sunday 17 December 2017

The Art Gallery

In the last few months, my twin boys have started drawing things that actually look like what they are supposed to be. Here is a selection of the best and most interesting...


1.
Let's start with my birthday cards. See if you can guess which boy asked for help and traced the letters, and which decided to go it alone...
Also worth noting, when J presented me my card he said, "it's you playing soccer, and I wanted to make sure you had enough fingers." So that explains why I have seven on each hand.

2.
Giraffe, by J:
This may be my favourite J drawing, because of the process. He starting by drawing four rectangles at the bottom of the page.

I asked,"what are you drawing?"

He looked at me, and said, "you'll have to wait and see," with an air of secrecy.

So I left him alone and fifteen minutes later he presents a giraffe.

J has giraffe range too. Here's one facing the opposite direction, with some kind of tree/vine in the background, so he doesn't go hungry:

3.
More trees, these by R: 
On the left some kind of fern, with a lot of detail in the branches. On the right, an apple tree.

4. 
These are "motobaters", according to J. Not only did he draw them, but he also cut around them with scissors:

5.
In R's words, "it's two flags and they are waving and saying "hello!" to the sky above them". Yep.

6.
J is currently obsessed with planets. I receive, on average, 3-4 space related pictures every day, for the last two months. Here's a random daily selection:

His favourite planet is "Earf". Here's it is:
If you have a keen eye, you may notice the picture has been taped together. That's because one of J's school friends ripped it. The day before the same kid put R's shoes in a bucket of water. I have my eye of him.

7.
Finally, my favourite pics by R. The first one is "our old fridge":
And this one is the box for the new fridge:
It's worth noting that these were drawn about eighteen months after we got the new fridge. So on this day, he decided to randomly recall the purchase of whitegoods from one-third of his life ago, and it inspired him to draw about the occasion above anything else.

Also, he drew the pictures at child care. It still cracks me up thinking about him explaining it to his educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment