Thursday 27 September 2018

BIG NEWS~!

I'm so excited to announce that on the weekend we bought an eight-seat Kia Carnival...

And also, the reason we did that is because we are having a fourth child due in late-February 2019.

The news was unexpected. This is an accurate representation of my external reaction:

And this reflects my internal monologue immediately after:

I have since got over my initial shock - I'm very happy we're having another baby.

At twelve weeks, we decided to tell our current three children that they would soon have another sibling.

"Mummy and daddy are having another baby," we said.

R was pretty upset. "We have to get a new car," he whined, showing a surprising level of logistical practicality for a person that still can't remember to both flush and wash his hands after using the toilet. And he was correct, of course, as told in the introduction above.

J was smiling. "What? You've got another baby, in your tummy?" He seemed excited and disbelieving.

The youngest O headed to his bedroom. He came back holding a doll, upside-down and by the foot. "Baby," he said, pointing with one hand as he shook the doll in the other. He will make a good babysitter one day.

We then asked if they'd like to know if it was a boy or a girl? R wanted "another boy", J said "I hope it's a baby sister" (secretly mum and dad hoped so too...), and O said "baby", again.

We got the envelope and opened it.

It's a boy!

R started happily jumping up and down, yelling "I was right!"

J looked sad and then started sobbing. Eventually he sighed and bravely said, "I really wanted a girl. Never mind, maybe the next baby will be a sister."

It was at that moment I decided that I would google 'vasectomy' later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment