Monday 20 May 2019

Review: The Simpsons Carbonated Beverages

On a recent family trip up the coast, we stopped at a local shopping centre for some supplies, then discovered a shop selling nothing but imported candy, chocolates, soft drink and other junk food.

I felt like a kid in some kind of store.

While I was disappointed with the unavailability of Skittlebrau and Gummy Venus de Milo's, I did discover these...

So here is the review of Duff Beer and the Flaming Moe...


After a few days, I decided to go with the Duff first. OH YEAH!

What actually happened was that my father-in-law offered me an actual beer with lunch, and I politely declined because I remembered that I had to try my "wonderful orange" flavoured energy drink based on a cartoon beer.

It wasn't embarrassing at all.

I poured it into a glass, because I'm a class act. You can see it looks like Berocca.

And it... kinda tastes like Berocca too.

RATING: Not un-delicious.


The next day I went with a Flaming Moe.

When I poured it into the glass, it had no fizz at all. I'm not sure if the drink is supposed to be flat, or if I got the dud.

The can also says "Fire made it better". Everyone knows the quote is: "Fire made it good!". Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Anyway, it did not look good and it did not taste good either. I know the secret ingredient in the episode is cough syrup, but they didn't have to be this authentic. It was like drinking the largest dose of red medicine.

RATING: Next time, I'll take a crab juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment