Thursday 30 April 2020

Review: Messenger Kids

Messenger Kids is a new app that is like Facebook messenger, but for kids. Duh.


I became aware of the app when I woke up a few mornings ago to eight notifications. I thought I'd gone viral. Instead, they were all asking me to approve R and J being able to message various other children.

I guess this means there is some level of security, which seems like a good thing.

The app reminded me of being on Facebook in 2009 again. I was sending and accepting friend requests to and from lots of people I hardly remembered from primary school.

Eventually, things settled down and I had the experience of receiving my first messages from my twins. They are six years old.

I have to say messaging them wasn't different from talking to them.

J had no interest in actual conversation, instead drawing a bunch of random stuff and insisting I care about it:
"Yer shapes"

And R opened his social media life by continuing to slam dunk on his old man:
Not true.

FINAL RATING: ***
Overall, I think Messenger Kids is ok.

The best part is that it distracts my kids from annoying me. The worst part is it distracts my kids when I'm annoying them with stuff like eating dinner or going to bed.

At some point Zuckerberg is going to know everything about you anyway, so might as well start 'em young.

No comments:

Post a Comment