Sunday 9 August 2020

School Pickup

I was running late for school pickup. It is at the back gate, so they would be hanging out in the field waiting for my arrival.


As I arrive, I see R talking to an older boy. Then the boy starts trying to pull R's backpack off his shoulders.

I call out, "hey R! Time to go."

The boy lets go of his bag and walks away, looking very guilty.

When R comes through the gates, I quietly ask, "was that boy being mean to you?"

"Nah, I took his bag first. I said I was the Bag Burglar then ran off with it."


Then I start to look for J. I see him in a distant part of the field, and he appears to be crawling.

I call out, "J, are you ok? Come on!"

He stands, spits a long strand of grass out of his mouth and walks through the gate.

"What were you doing?", I ask.

"I was being a zebra."

No comments:

Post a Comment