Thursday 24 May 2018

The Art Gallery III

It's been about four months since the last showing at the Gallery. In that time, I think R's interest in drawing has waned slightly, but J is still going strong. You'll also notice a bit of an improvement over time.

Previous exhibits are HERE and HERE.

1.
This is a card R made for me:
That's me, on the right! And the turtle on the bottom left is actually his little brother O. He was still crawling at the time.


2. 
J loves animals, and the previous galleries have displayed his giraffes. A few months ago, he went through a Tasmanian tiger phase:
I'm not sure whether the tiny head is deliberate or because he ran out of space (he always starts with the legs).

I do know the obsession came to an end when their mum took them to the museum and J freaked out before seeing the stuffed Tasmanian tiger on exhibit.

For the record, the favourite animal this week is the "pelican falcon" (peregrine falcon). Last week it was the cheetah. Next week, who knows?


3.
More J drawing extinct animals, this time in the underrated style of "stickism":
The dinosaurs, clockwise from bottom left, are:
  • Brontosaurus (the big one)
  • Ankylosaurus (note the club tail)
  • Triceratops (the three horns)
  • Stegosaurus (the spikes on the back)


4.
J also drawing some cars racing. I like the perspective:

Maybe one of them is driven by Mickey Mouse?


5.
I'll leave R to explain this one:
On the right, in green, "is everyone having fun at the studio." The studio is where they go most Thursday's to visit grandparents.

On the left, in orange, "is dad stuck in the office." The office is where I go most Thursday's (and Monday's, and Tuesday's, and...)

I'm sitting at (on?) the desk in the middle of the left column.


6.
J does portraits! On the left is mum, and on the right is... uh, apparently me:

And here is a self-portrait and potential entrant for next years Archibald prize:


7.
Finally, J extended into writing - "here's your name!", he said as he handed me this sheet of paper:

I thought it was meant to say "DAD", but then this was R and J's actual reaction as I read it:
YOU GOT THE DUD!
HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU, POINDEXTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment