Wednesday 21 August 2019

Music Appreciation

We were doing a road trip and in conversation with the six-year-olds it somehow came up that the voice of Bluey's dad was once the lead singer in a popular band, and that Dad really, really liked this band.

This was all A Long Time Ago.

A Long Time Ago in our house is defined by circumstances such as:
  • only having five TV channels, and not being able to pause any of them;
  • telephones being attached to your house by a cord, except for the ones in a box on the street that need coins to work; and 
  • watching movies on something called a VCR, or even a DVD.

The six-year-olds ask to hear Bluey's dad. I was happy to oblige.


After playing Apartment, Nice Bird and Pinball Lez off Spotify, the six-year-olds decided they didn't like Bluey's dad making music and didn't want to hear anymore.

I was a little disappointed.

After a rare extended car silence, I then said, "do you want to hear something you will definitely like?"

They did.

As I searched Spotify for it, I explained, "this is the song I used to sing to you when I was trying to get either of you to sleep in my arms. It's a lullaby."

I pressed play. And it went like this...


Since since, since since you've gone away
I hope you had a better day
Tried to call round the other day
Instead I had a go-kart
Go-kart
Living in another space
Mistake
Y-yeah

I hope the police will go away
I hope the police will go away
Their sirens bug me
And so do all their radar's
Radar's
Living in another space
Mistake
Thanks I'm over it

Yeah!
Yeah!
Yeah!
Yeah!
Yeah yeah y-y-yeah

Sweet child your such a princess now
I love the rainbow on your brow
I love your rainbow
Oh no it's winter
Winter
Living in another space
Mistake
Thanks I'm over it

No comments:

Post a Comment