Saturday 3 August 2019

The Art Gallery IV (Under The Sea)

I've shared my kids drawings a few times before.

I recently enjoyed this one by J, which he explained was "different sea creatures":

Let's examine it a bit closer, starting at the top left and going clockwise...



1. Starfish
He is very colourful and very happy, possibly striking a Saturday Night Fever disco pose...

2. Fish
J later explained to my wife the process of drawing a fish. "You draw a 'C', then a 'X', and then join the 'X'". Which actually... makes sense. Good detail on the gills here too.

3, 4 and 5. Eel, Dolphin, and Blue Whale
The eel is blue and yellow because footy.

It reminds me of this J classic from the 2018 NRL season, where he drew "the Eels playing the Tigers"...


6 and 7. Seal and Shark
Toddler O loves Baby Shark. The other day I stopped him from screaming in the hall while Baby L was sleeping. He pleaded, "but my want to run away do-do-do-do-do-do-doo!"

8. Another Fish?
When I asked J what kind of fish this was, he replied, "it's a sword fish.". And then I looked closer...

Sure enough, that fish is wielding a sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment